Republicans approved the latest version of the bill, after the original was pulled several weeks ago following disagreements over the legislation. The bill will now face the Senate.
If approved, the new bill will affect the health insurance of millions of Americans, weakening protections for people with pre-existing conditions, cutting taxes for the wealthy and reducing federal assistance for low-income Americans.
The vote comes after a seven-year battle by Republicans to nix former President Barack Obama‘s signature healthcare law. Trump has repeatedly said that repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act was one of his biggest goals for the first few months of his presidency.
Ahead of the House vote on the legislation, Trump said Republicans would host a press conference in the Rose Garden at the White House if the bill passed.
Watch the press conference at the Rose Garden live in the video above.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror