Republicans approved the latest version of the bill, after the original was pulled several weeks ago following disagreements over the legislation. The bill will now face the Senate.
If approved, the new bill will affect the health insurance of millions of Americans, weakening protections for people with pre-existing conditions, cutting taxes for the wealthy and reducing federal assistance for low-income Americans.
The vote comes after a seven-year battle by Republicans to nix former President Barack Obama‘s signature healthcare law. Trump has repeatedly said that repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act was one of his biggest goals for the first few months of his presidency.
Ahead of the House vote on the legislation, Trump said Republicans would host a press conference in the Rose Garden at the White House if the bill passed.
Watch the press conference at the Rose Garden live in the video above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve