Republicans approved the latest version of the bill, after the original was pulled several weeks ago following disagreements over the legislation. The bill will now face the Senate.
If approved, the new bill will affect the health insurance of millions of Americans, weakening protections for people with pre-existing conditions, cutting taxes for the wealthy and reducing federal assistance for low-income Americans.
The vote comes after a seven-year battle by Republicans to nix former President Barack Obama‘s signature healthcare law. Trump has repeatedly said that repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act was one of his biggest goals for the first few months of his presidency.
Ahead of the House vote on the legislation, Trump said Republicans would host a press conference in the Rose Garden at the White House if the bill passed.
Watch the press conference at the Rose Garden live in the video above.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up