A school in Wisconsin was evacuated Thursday after a student came to school dressed as Darth Vader from Star Wars.
The student went to Ashwaubenon High School dressed up in honor of May the 4th, which is known as Star Wars Day, according to a statement on the Ashwaubenon School District Facebook page. A member of the Ashwaubenon Police Department said the student was wearing a Darth Vader outfit.
The school was evacuated after a parent reported spotting something suspicious. Students have since returned to classes and after-school activities are still being held.
The district said there was “no legitimate threat” and that the situation was a “misunderstanding.”
“There was no intent of a threat, but the student will be held accountable,” the statement said.
Parkview Middle School and the town’s community center, where AP exams were taking place, were also placed on lockdown, which has since been lifted.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer