His latest contribution to civilians? A gentle but clear reminder to former congressman and current radio shock jock Joe Walsh that while it’s okay to have different views on health care, it’s always important to have kindness for our fellow human beings.
It all began after Jimmy Kimmel shared an emotional story about how his newborn son had an unexpected heart surgery just a day after being born, using the moment to highlight the importance of affordable healthcare. After the show, Walsh sent out a callous tweet criticizing the late night host and new dad for making an emotional appeal.
While the responses to Walsh’s thoughts on the matter ranged from affirmative to calling him out on Walsh’s parenting choices, Evans encouraged Walsh to use better judgment when it came to speaking out about what he believed in.
This isn’t the first time that Evans has used his platform to speak out on politics. He previously exchanged strong words with former KKK leader David Duke after Duke supported Jeff Sessions’ confirmation as Attorney General and has also been vocal about Donald Trump’s stance on immigration, the Dakota Access Pipeline and gun control.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time