Following Donald Trump’s Tuesday night tweets concerning FBI Director James Comey’s treatment of both himself and Hillary Clinton, J.K. Rowling couldn’t resist taking a jab at the president’s phrasing.
The Harry Potter author took to Twitter Wednesday morning to mock Trump’s use of the third person in his controversial online statements. “FBI Director Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton in that he gave her a free pass for many bad deeds!,” POTUS wrote. “The phony Trump/Russia story was an excuse used by the Democrats as justification for losing the election. Perhaps Trump just ran a great campaign?”
“I wonder whether Trump talks to Trumpself in the third Trumperson when Trump’s alone,” Rowling responded, continuing her trend of ridiculing Trump for much of what he says on the social media site.
See the tweets below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now