After drawing a foul — but missing the and-one layup — late in the third quarter of the Cavaliers’ Monday night Game 1 against the Raptors, LeBron James was so worked up he couldn’t help but grab a beer out of the stands for a (fake) swig.
The Cleveland power forward was carried to the sideline by the play’s momentum, where he playfully swiped a bottle out of a vendor’s hand. He then pretended to take a sip before returning it to her, a move that earned laughter and applause from both the crowd and teammate J.R. Smith.
However, when asked about the moment in his postgame interview, James revealed it wasn’t the alcohol factor that keep him from sampling the brew, just the type of booze. “I’m not going to run over our beer lady,” he said. “She had one in her hand, so I took it out of her hand. But I’m not much of a beer guy. If she had some red wine, I probably would’ve definitely taken a sip.”
Watch the clips below.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?