Trump abruptly walked away and ended his interview with Dickerson, host of Face the Nation, after a question about his unfounded wiretapping claims against former President Barack Obama.
“Donald Trump, John Dickerson is a fair-minded journalist and one of the most competent people who will ever walk into your office, and you treat him like that?” Colbert said on his show Monday night, after playing a clip in which Trump told Dickerson he liked to call his show Deface the Nation.
“When you insult one member of the CBS family, you insult us all,” Colbert said. “Mr. Trump, your presidency, I love your presidency, I call it ‘Disgrace The Nation.’ You’re not the POTUS, you’re the ‘bloat-us.’ You’re the glutton with the button. You’re a regular ‘Gorge Washington.’ You’re the ‘presi-dunce’ but you’re turning into a real ‘prick-tator.’”
Watch the full clip above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve