While bad gal Ri Ri’s always been a fashion maven — one only needs to look at the overwhelming popularity of her shoe and clothing lines — it’s her unrivaled excellence at fashion’s biggest night that’s really set her apart as a style icon. At the last Met Gala she attended in 2015, Rihanna’s sweeping goldenrod cape by Guo Pei not only tickled fashion insiders, but it quickly inspired one of the Internet’s most beloved memes.
This year, it appears that Rihanna remains the Internet’s unanimous fashion favorite at the Met Gala, after showing up in a gorgeously ornate Comme des Garçons dress, complete with a top knot, matching eyeshadow and strappy stiletto heels. After a red carpet filled with guests who half-heartedly flirted with the avant garde Rei Kawakubo/Comme de Garçon theme of the night, Rihanna fully leaned into the over-the-top nature of the theme, winning the hearts of the Internet and the fashion flock alike.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer