Munoz will likely face questions about how and why security officers bloodied and dragged Dr. David Dao down the aisle of his United flight after he refused to give up his seat for a United employee on the overbooked plane. Viral video of the incident in Chicago drew widespread outrage, and United later reached a settlement with Dao for an undisclosed amount.
The House panel said it is questioning Munoz and others at United to determine “what can be done to improve the flying experience for American travelers.”
Watch a live stream of the hearing above when it begins at 9:30 a.m. EDT.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving