Fashion’s biggest night, the annual Met Gala, has finally arrived and thanks to this year’s theme, “Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between,” the red carpet is definitely one to remember.
Kawakubo, a fashion visionary known for her radical and avant grade designs, doesn’t design clothes for the faint of heart, something that fashion insiders and celebrities alike reflected when they hit the red carpet (well, in this case, the blue and cream carpet, in keeping with the aesthetics of Kawakubo.)
From gala co-chair Katy Perry to the event’s grand dame, Vogue editor-in-chief and Metropolitan Museum of Art trustee, Anna Wintour, the star-studded guest list came dressed to impress. Lucky for you, we’ve rounded every single look from the red carpet for your viewing pleasure — from the outrageous to the truly stunning.
See the best red carpet fashion from the 69th annual Met Gala above.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was