The 69th annual Met Gala is basically fashion’s biggest night, with everyone from designers and models to editors and celebrities dressing to the nines. While the tonight’s Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons theme ensures that we’ll see some truly memorable looks on the red carpet, it’s always wise to remember that the fantastic looks of the night don’t happen on their own. A quick scroll through our social feeds showed us that there was plenty of excitement happening before fashion’s biggest night, behind the scenes.
From gala co-chairs Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady sharing a sweet smooch while getting ready for the night’s festivities to Madonna revealing her beauty prep before the gala, here are the best behind-the-scenes Instagrams from all the stars and fashion insiders at the 2017 Met Gala.
Miranda Kerr showed off her multi-tasking skills by combining her beauty treatment and exercising before the gala.
Solange got into the theme of the night with her makeup application.
Madge candidly showed off her beauty routine for the Met Gala on Twitter.
Even golden girl Kate Hudson’s party prep was gilded as she got ready for the big night.
Gisele and Tom share a kiss while getting ready for the Met Gala.
Lena Dunham showed off her trademark sense of humor while getting ready for the event.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating