On Twitter, a fan of the author’s asked her what advice she would give herself if it was back in 1997. That was the year that the world was introduced to a young man who slept in a cupboard under the stairs before being swept into the magical world of wizardry in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and taking readers along for the ride. That book was published in June of 1997 and soon after, Rowling’s life dramatically changed as Harry Potter became a runaway success.
Thanks to the benefit of hindsight, Rowling’s advice to herself was very pragmatic, simply suggesting to relax about money and focus on future speaking engagements.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time