An FBI agent was shot and injured while trying to serve a warrant in Atlanta, authorities said on Friday.
The agent was shot trying to serve an arrest warrant at a home, FBI Special Agent Stephen Emmett told the Associated Press. The agent suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
According to Emmet, another individual who was at the scene was killed. The person was not part of law enforcement.
Further details were not immediately available. The FBI and Atlanta police did not immediately respond to request for comment.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer