The annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner will take place Saturday night.
President Trump and the White House staff will skip the dinner this year, following repeated criticisms from Trump of the press as “fake news.” Comedian Hasan Minhaj will host the event, and said it is important to honor the First Amendment “now more than ever.”
The White House Correspondents’ Dinner typically brings together the press corps, celebrities and politicians together to celebrate the First Amendment. Trump attended the dinner in 2011, where he was famously skewered for falsely asserting that then-President Barack Obama was not born in the United States.
Watch the event, which begins at 9 p.m. Eastern, live above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at email@example.com