The annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner will take place Saturday night.
President Trump and the White House staff will skip the dinner this year, following repeated criticisms from Trump of the press as “fake news.” Comedian Hasan Minhaj will host the event, and said it is important to honor the First Amendment “now more than ever.”
The White House Correspondents’ Dinner typically brings together the press corps, celebrities and politicians together to celebrate the First Amendment. Trump attended the dinner in 2011, where he was famously skewered for falsely asserting that then-President Barack Obama was not born in the United States.
Watch the event, which begins at 9 p.m. Eastern, live above.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World