Jurassic World 2 is opening the park to a familiar face.
The actor starred as the cocky mathematician, who was one of the first to lay eyes on the original Jurassic Park attraction. Having barely survived the events of the first film, he served as the main protagonist in Steven Spielberg’s massive follow-up.
Now, 20 years after that movie, Goldblum is joining the fifth film in the franchise — he sat out Jurassic Park III and 2015’s franchise reboot Jurassic World — which will be helmed by A Monster Calls director J.A. Bayona. Jurassic World stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard have also been reenlisted for the “darker” and “scarier” sequel.
Back grappling with dinosaurs and having once again fought aliens in last year’s Independence Day: Resurgence, Goldblum will add superheroes to his adversary list in this fall’s Thor: Ragnarok, where he plays the manipulative Grandmaster.
THR first reported the news.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org