The pet, named Cumboui, was an emotional support dog for Marinna Rollins, and died in the shooting. Rollins is a veteran who is said to be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, according to documents reported by the Fayetteville Observer.
Rollins was arrested along with 25-year-old Jarren Hang, a soldier, who took pictures with Rollins and Cumboui before tying the dog to a tree. According to the Observer, Rollins was the one who actually shot Cumbui.
The Observer obtained a video of the shooting that showed Rollins and Hang, who filmed the video, laughing at the dog after he was shot.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer