The pet, named Cumboui, was an emotional support dog for Marinna Rollins, and died in the shooting. Rollins is a veteran who is said to be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, according to documents reported by the Fayetteville Observer.
Rollins was arrested along with 25-year-old Jarren Hang, a soldier, who took pictures with Rollins and Cumboui before tying the dog to a tree. According to the Observer, Rollins was the one who actually shot Cumbui.
The Observer obtained a video of the shooting that showed Rollins and Hang, who filmed the video, laughing at the dog after he was shot.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This