Following a weekend of disco ball-inspired frivolity at Coachella, Rihanna began a photoshop project that has since caused a bit of an online stir. The ANTI artist took to Instagram Sunday to share a series of photos of Queen Elizabeth II’s head superimposed on some of her most notable looks.
Beginning Sunday with a shot of her all-green ensemble from the 2015 iHeart Radio Music Awards captioned — in the words of Kendrick Lamar — “be humble,” Rih has posted a steady stream of the edited pictures. There’s one of the Queen wearing the infamous Yves Saint Laurent red fur heart coat, one from Rihanna’s recent Paper Magazine shoot and even one of Her Majesty decked out in Rih’s already iconic Coachella outfit.
However, while some fans loved the photoshops, others said they felt the pictures were disrespectful to the Royal Family. “Why is Rihanna posting disturbing pics of the Queen on insta?,” one Twitter user wrote.
See the photos below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer