Following a weekend of disco ball-inspired frivolity at Coachella, Rihanna began a photoshop project that has since caused a bit of an online stir. The ANTI artist took to Instagram Sunday to share a series of photos of Queen Elizabeth II’s head superimposed on some of her most notable looks.
Beginning Sunday with a shot of her all-green ensemble from the 2015 iHeart Radio Music Awards captioned — in the words of Kendrick Lamar — “be humble,” Rih has posted a steady stream of the edited pictures. There’s one of the Queen wearing the infamous Yves Saint Laurent red fur heart coat, one from Rihanna’s recent Paper Magazine shoot and even one of Her Majesty decked out in Rih’s already iconic Coachella outfit.
However, while some fans loved the photoshops, others said they felt the pictures were disrespectful to the Royal Family. “Why is Rihanna posting disturbing pics of the Queen on insta?,” one Twitter user wrote.
See the photos below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart