Obama will be joining young leaders for a conversation on community organizing and civic engagement. While the event is hosted at the University of Chicago, where the former president once taught, students from other Chicago-area schools were invited to attend.
The event aligns with Obama’s post-presidency goal of encouraging young people to get and stay involved in their communities and the political process.
The event is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. E.T. You can watch it live above.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.