Parenting doesn’t come with a manual, and it can be incredibly difficult — even if you’re royalty that has read Dr. Spock.
Prince William, his wife Kate Middleton, and Prince Harry recently shared an honest conversation on parenthood, loss and societal pressures as part of their Heads Together campaign to encourage discussion of mental health issues. Middleton has previously been vocal on how challenging being a mother can be.
“Remember the first few days with little George, you have no idea really what you’re doing,” she said in Friday’s video, which comes as part of Heads Together’s #OkToSay campaign, according to a post on the royal family’s Facebook page. “No matter how many books you read, nothing can prepare you for it.”
Prince William acknowledged that parenthood has changed the way he sees himself. “I feel quite a lot more than I used to,” he said.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer