Anne Hathaway and James Corden performed the ultimate five-minute-long romantic comedy entirely through singing classic love songs on the Late Late Show.
In their rom-com soundtrack, the pairing starts with Hathaway’s nameless character singing “Holding Out For a Hero” by Bonnie Tyler.
After seeing Hathaway for the first time, Corden begin’s his rendition of “Just One Look” by Dorris Troy. The start of the fictional relationship is marked with other classics like Sixpence None the Richer’s “Kiss Me.”
In true romantic comedy fashion, the relationship hits a turn as the duo sings “Just a Friend” by Biz Markie and Hathaway singing “All by Myself.”
Corden’s character responds in climactic fashion by stopping Hathaway from setting off on a place, a rom-com staple, while singing “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles).” The set comes to a close with the two singing “Let’s Stay Together.”
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now