Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II is celebrating her 91st birthday today, and Buckingham Palace have shared a special photo of her to mark the occasion.
The Royal Family’s official Twitter account shared a black and white photo of the monarch at just one month old, being held by her mother Elizabeth, Duchess of York, at her christening – an impressive 91 years ago.
The account also shared a speech made by the Queen on her 21st birthday, in 1947, in which she says: “I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.”
Although April 21 is the Queen’s real date of birth, she also her celebrates her official birthday on the second Saturday in June. She generally spends her real birthday in private at Windsor Castle, however royal gun salutes will be fired today in the U.K. to commemorate the occasion.
“Queen’s Birthday” and “Happy Birthday Your Majesty” have been trending on Twitter as well-wishers have taken to social media to bid the longest-reigning monarch, who celebrated her Sapphire Jubilee in February.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now