The song, which premiered on SiriusXM Wednesday, tackles a number of Trump’s actions with lyrics like “Don’t tell me a lie / And sell it as a fact / I’ve been down that road before / And I ain’t going back.” Later on in the song, he sings “And don’t you brag to me / That you never read a book / I never put my faith / In a con man and his crooks.”
Springsteen was a visible supporter of Trump’s opponent, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, as well as President Barack Obama. A vocal critic of Trump, the rock star said “the republic is under siege by a moron” in a 2016 Rolling Stone interview. He later called the government’s restrictions on travelers “fundamentally un-American” during a concert.
The song is available to purchase for 99 cents Gruschecky’s website.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science