Bruce Springsteen teamed up with his longtime collaborator Joe Grushecky for a protest song targeting President Donald Trump, titled “That’s What Makes Us Great.”
The song, which premiered on SiriusXM Wednesday, tackles a number of Trump’s actions with lyrics like “Don’t tell me a lie / And sell it as a fact / I’ve been down that road before / And I ain’t going back.” Later on in the song, he sings “And don’t you brag to me / That you never read a book / I never put my faith / In a con man and his crooks.”
Springsteen was a visible supporter of Trump’s opponent, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, as well as President Barack Obama. A vocal critic of Trump, the rock star said “the republic is under siege by a moron” in a 2016 Rolling Stone interview. He later called the government’s restrictions on travelers “fundamentally un-American” during a concert.
The song is available to purchase for 99 cents Gruschecky’s website.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction