The song, which premiered on SiriusXM Wednesday, tackles a number of Trump’s actions with lyrics like “Don’t tell me a lie / And sell it as a fact / I’ve been down that road before / And I ain’t going back.” Later on in the song, he sings “And don’t you brag to me / That you never read a book / I never put my faith / In a con man and his crooks.”
Springsteen was a visible supporter of Trump’s opponent, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, as well as President Barack Obama. A vocal critic of Trump, the rock star said “the republic is under siege by a moron” in a 2016 Rolling Stone interview. He later called the government’s restrictions on travelers “fundamentally un-American” during a concert.
The song is available to purchase for 99 cents Gruschecky’s website.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com