The hotly-anticipated title track off Lana Del Rey’s new album Lust for Life aired on Mistajam’s BBC Radio 1 show on Wednesday.
In the single’s video, now on YouTube, Del Rey’s breathy vocals drape over footage of her and Canadian musician Abel Makkonen Tesfaye — better known as The Weeknd — sat atop the H of a noir Hollywood Sign.
“Maybe that’s kind of weird to have a feature on the title track, but I really love that song and we had said for a while that we were gonna do something; I did stuff on his last two records,” Del Rey said of her collaboration with the Weeknd in a recent Dazed interview with Courtney Love.
The release date for Lust For Life, the follow up to 2015’s Honeymoon, is yet to be announced but Del Rey has already released the first single “Love“ and posted a teaser video for the album to Twitter.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow