Blake Lively is waging war on child pornography. The actress appears in Variety‘s “Power of Women” issue, in which she discusses her work with the Child Rescue Coalition to stop the sharing of explicit images of minors. With two young kids of her own at home, Blake was drawn to the work of protecting children.
“There are millions of files all over the world being traded every single day of child pornography,” she tells Variety. “It’s so disturbing. A lot of these people are fathers.”
To stop the practice, Lively and Child Rescue Coalition are promoting a groundbreaking technology that flags the IP addresses of those who download and share such files. “If you proactively find these predators, you can save so many children,” she says.
Between raising her two girls—2-year-old James and 6-month-old Ines—with husband Ryan Reynolds, working in Hollywood, and championing a cause close to her heart, it’s a miracle that Lively even has time to sleep. But in a behind-the-scenes video from the shoot, the Shallows star explains how balances motherhood with her career.
“Don’t compromise one for the other, and you can do both fantastically. And some days you’ll do both horribly. As long as you’re happy and give your family all the love and attention they need, it all sort of like falls into place.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization