The actor stopped by Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show Tuesday to chat with the host—and perform a downright hilarious version of Mad Lib Theater. As usual in Mad Lib Theater, Fallon requested Spacey provide a number of adjectives, verbs, and even body parts to fill out the sketch. Spacey delivered, coming up with unexpected vocabulary that would later play crucial roles in their scene.
Dressed as retro tennis champion competitors, complete with full tracksuits, voluminous wigs, and necessary sweat bands, Spacey and Fallon then got down to business bringing their funky skit to life.
“Well, this time you better be ready, because I’m gonna serve the ball faster than a dying owl,” Fallon warned as they prepared to face off.
“Oh, you are going down, because I’m gonna be all over the court like a rambunctious sex therapist,” Spacey responded to huge laughs, before their ball machine began shooting tennis balls at both of them at once.
But the heated game was not to last for long: surprise guest John McEnroe—the real tennis star—popped up out of the background in a real twist. Watch, above, to see McEnroe, Spacey, and Fallon finish off the hilarious performance.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.