President Donald Trump just targeted a new opponent — Canada’s dairy trade industry.
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo previously signed a letter to Trump asking that he address Canada’s “protectionist dairy trade policies.” The governors said they wanted Canada to “honor their international commitments under NAFTA and other trade agreements.”
“In a blatant violation of international trade agreements it is party to, Canada unilaterally shut down a thriving market for U.S. ultra-filtered milk,” the letter states.
While in Wisconsin, Trump signed the “Buy America, Hire America” executive order that directs federal agencies to recommend changes to a temporary visa program.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now