President Donald Trump just targeted a new opponent — Canada’s dairy trade industry.
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo previously signed a letter to Trump asking that he address Canada’s “protectionist dairy trade policies.” The governors said they wanted Canada to “honor their international commitments under NAFTA and other trade agreements.”
“In a blatant violation of international trade agreements it is party to, Canada unilaterally shut down a thriving market for U.S. ultra-filtered milk,” the letter states.
While in Wisconsin, Trump signed the “Buy America, Hire America” executive order that directs federal agencies to recommend changes to a temporary visa program.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve