Fitness guru Richard Simmons has been hospitalized in California for “severe indigestion.”
Simmons’s spokesperson Michael Catalano told ABC News that he the 68-year-old celebrity is doing better after he was hospitalized in an “undisclosed location” Monday.
“After a few days of battling severe indigestion and discomfort while eating, we agreed it was best for him to seek treatment,” Catalano told ABC.
Simmons been out of a public eye for a number of years. His absence spurred the podcast Missing Richard Simmons. Earlier this month, however, Simmons signed a merchandising deal after the podcast brought his story back into the public eye.
Simmons is expected to make a full recovery, according to Catalano.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving