The actor and humanitarian debuted her campaign for Guerlain’s perfume, Mon Guerlain, last month. Now, in a new interview with Marie Claire, Jolie revealed that she was drawn to the brand because it was a favorite of her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand.
“She was a very natural woman who never spoiled herself, never wore makeup, and wore modest jewelry, but she always had a few special items for when she wanted to feel like a lady. One of those — and I remember it because it seemed so elegant — was her Guerlain powder,” she said. “I think all women have those few special things that make them feel feminine.”
Jolie also discussed balancing her work obligations and her advocacy and humanitarian commitments, and said, “This has been my life for many years; one role feeds the other… It is a joy to be an artist, but it doesn’t mean very much unless that work is somehow useful in some way and contributes to others.”
Read the full interview at Marie Claire.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Samantha Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org