Angelina Jolie‘s first beauty campaign in ten years has a very personal significance.
The actor and humanitarian debuted her campaign for Guerlain’s perfume, Mon Guerlain, last month. Now, in a new interview with Marie Claire, Jolie revealed that she was drawn to the brand because it was a favorite of her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand.
“She was a very natural woman who never spoiled herself, never wore makeup, and wore modest jewelry, but she always had a few special items for when she wanted to feel like a lady. One of those — and I remember it because it seemed so elegant — was her Guerlain powder,” she said. “I think all women have those few special things that make them feel feminine.”
Jolie also discussed balancing her work obligations and her advocacy and humanitarian commitments, and said, “This has been my life for many years; one role feeds the other… It is a joy to be an artist, but it doesn’t mean very much unless that work is somehow useful in some way and contributes to others.”
Read the full interview at Marie Claire.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement