A man accused of killing five people in a shooting at a Washington mall last year was found dead of an apparent suicide.
Arcan Cetin, 20, was awaiting the results of a recently administered mental health evaluation, before he was found dead in his cell in the Snohomish County Jail Sunday evening, the Associated Press reported.
Cetin was charged with killing a teen, three women and one man in a September 2016 shooting at a Macy’s store at the Cascade Mall in Burlington, Wash.
The New York Times reported in September that Cetin had a history of violent behavior and had been charged with domestic violence three times for attacking his stepfather.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving