1. High school should be more like preschool.
By Sarah Garland in the Hechinger Report
2. The jobs lost to free trade aren’t coming back. But we can fix the rules of globalization.
By Dani Rodrik in Project Syndicate
3. Here’s how modern media’s business model drives our partisan divide.
By Mark Jamison in U.S. News and World Report
4. This handbook can help Americans rig the government.
By Eric Liu in Politico
5. Broadcast television is data poor — and that might kill it.
By Shelly Palmer in his blog
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk