Melissa McCarthy returned to Saturday Night Live to reprise her role as White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer — but this time, she was dressed as the Easter bunny.
In the clip, McCarthy’s “Spicey” apologized for his controversial comments about the Holocaust and Adolf Hitler he made during a press briefing last week. (He has since apologized.)
The Easter bunny is a familiar role for Spicer, who played it at the annual White House Easter Egg Roll during the Bush administration.
“Everybody shut up so I can apologize,” McCarthy said in her Easter bunny costume. “Yes, you all got your wish this week, didn’t you, huh? Spicey finally made a mistake.”
“Clearly I meant concentration clubs, OK?” she said.
Last week, Spicer falsely claimed Hitler did not use chemical weapons during World War II and referred to concentration camps as “concentration centers.”
“I would like you to know that I am sensitive to the fact that they were sent there on trains,” McCarthy’s Spicer said. “Hey, at least they didn’t have to fly United, am I right?”
The skit concluded with McCarthy driving away in a cracked open Easter egg — once again destroying the set, which she did in past skits. “Everybody just eat as much candy as you want ‘cause this is probably our last Easter on Earth,” she ended the skit.
Watch the whole skit above.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement