The Vermont senator was speaking at one of the company’s ice cream factories in St. Albans, Vt., when he was photographed behind the podium, which resembled a giant pint of Ben of Jerry’s.
The image ended up on Twitter, and it was only a matter of time before meme-makers morphed Sanders’ speech on U.S. policy issues into a variety of other, hilarious scenarios.
Despite the jokes online, it was a serious matter for Sanders. He spoke on education, the environment, and labor issues, according to ABC News.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears