Featuring Rey (Daisy Ridley) holding a lightsaber that embodies aspects of both Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and Kylo Ren’s (Adam Driver) signature weapons, the image seems to hint that the scavenger-turned-Force-trainee may become a Gray Jedi. In the Star Wars galaxy, this term refers to any Force-sensitive person who walks the line between light and dark.
The beam from Rey’s saber splits the poster in half, with one side featuring Luke’s face and the other Kylo Ren’s, further indicating that our heroine might be torn.
However, Luke’s face is larger than Ren’s, seeming to suggest that, even if she possesses both light and dark abilities, the light will ultimately win out — the true mark of a Gray Jedi.
The Last Jedi hits theaters Dec. 15, 2017. Watch the trailer above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving