Featuring Rey (Daisy Ridley) holding a lightsaber that embodies aspects of both Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and Kylo Ren’s (Adam Driver) signature weapons, the image seems to hint that the scavenger-turned-Force-trainee may become a Gray Jedi. In the Star Wars galaxy, this term refers to any Force-sensitive person who walks the line between light and dark.
The beam from Rey’s saber splits the poster in half, with one side featuring Luke’s face and the other Kylo Ren’s, further indicating that our heroine might be torn.
However, Luke’s face is larger than Ren’s, seeming to suggest that, even if she possesses both light and dark abilities, the light will ultimately win out — the true mark of a Gray Jedi.
The Last Jedi hits theaters Dec. 15, 2017. Watch the trailer above.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time