Ever wondered What does English sound like to foreigners?
Adriano Celentano’s “Prisencolinensinanciusol” is pure gibberish. The words don’t mean anything.
But the whole song was designed to sound like English — the way English sounds like to people who don’t speak it.
Ever done a gibberish imitation of a language you don’t speak?
Well, this is how non-English speakers mock you.
More of his work is here.
Join 45K+ subscribers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow