President Trump wants to know exactly which federal agencies you’d eliminate.
The White House has launched a website asking Americans to take a survey about which agencies they would like to reform and eliminate. The list of options includes many of the usual targets from Republican politicians, including the Department of Energy and the National Endowment for the Arts.
But it’s also fairly comprehensive, including some government agencies you might not expect: the CIA, the FBI, the Pentagon, the departments of Homeland Security and Justice, the National Security Council and even the White House itself.
As an online poll that can be easily gamed, the survey is hardy scientific, but it could be a useful tool for the White House to push its own ideas down the road.
The Trump Administration has offered up drastic cuts in his proposed budget that would get rid of or severely limit a number of government agencies and programs. The survey follows the Trump administration’s guidance to federal agencies on Wednesday, ordering them to begin planning for deep budget cuts.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out