President Trump wants to know exactly which federal agencies you’d eliminate.
The White House has launched a website asking Americans to take a survey about which agencies they would like to reform and eliminate. The list of options includes many of the usual targets from Republican politicians, including the Department of Energy and the National Endowment for the Arts.
But it’s also fairly comprehensive, including some government agencies you might not expect: the CIA, the FBI, the Pentagon, the departments of Homeland Security and Justice, the National Security Council and even the White House itself.
As an online poll that can be easily gamed, the survey is hardy scientific, but it could be a useful tool for the White House to push its own ideas down the road.
The Trump Administration has offered up drastic cuts in his proposed budget that would get rid of or severely limit a number of government agencies and programs. The survey follows the Trump administration’s guidance to federal agencies on Wednesday, ordering them to begin planning for deep budget cuts.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy