Dr. David Dao is the physician who was dragged across the aisle of a Louisville-bound United flight after refusing to leave when he was asked to do so. During the incident, Dao said he needed to return to his patients in Louisville, Ky. Videos taken by other passengers showed Dao’s face bloodied after the original altercation. He spent several days in the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
It’s possible Dao may be preparing for a lawsuit against United. A lawyer for Dao filed a petition with the Cook County Circuit Court Tuesday to preserve evidence from the incident.
Videos of the altercation sparked national outrage against United.
United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz has since apologized for the incident, saying he felt “ashamed” and promised “this will never happen again.” Three Chicago aviation officers involved have been put in leave.
United Airlines said it will also reimburse all passengers who were on the flight.
Dao’s daughter and his lawyer are expected to start speaking at 11 a.m. E.T. You can watch it live above.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022