When her husband Dave Goldberg died suddenly during a family vacation in Mexico, Facebook COO and Lean In founder Sheryl Sandberg lost her bearings, she says—and her confidence in her ability to do the things she found easy before.
As she struggled to establish whatever the new normal was going to be for her life and her two kids, she realized her vulnerability could be a great strength. A brutally honest and open Facebook post about the new challenges before her made her realize that the cultural conversation — or lack thereof — around personal adversity needed to change. And she decided to be the person to do just that.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time