Dr. David Dao may be looking to sue United Airlines.
A lawyer for Dao, who was forcibly removed from a United flight on Sunday, filed a petition with the Cook County Circuit Court Tuesday to seize evidence related to the incident. That includes surveillance video from the flight (No. 3411) and the cockpit voice recording from the flight, according to the document.
The filing is a bill of discovery, and it does not currently seek any other forms of relief other than information. However, it does allow a person or attorney considering a lawsuit to obtain evidence for a potential legal claim.
In an interview Wednesday, United CEO Oscar Munoz vowed to review the airline’s removal policy. And in an earlier statement, Munoz said the airline was reaching out to Dao regarding the incident. It’s not yet clear if Munoz was able to get in touch with Dao.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com