On Tuesday night, an intrepid feline went where few cats have gone before: on the outfield of Marlins Park in Miami, while a baseball game was in full swing.
The kitty promptly captured the hearts of Marlins fans, who didn’t seem to mind that the game needed a brief delay, as the small gray cat ran across the field, scaled the stadium wall, and eventually settled down on top of the Marlin Park Home Run sculpture.
Marlins fans weren’t the only ones who were enamored with the cat — whoever was running the Marlins’ Twitter account promptly christened the feline as the team’s #rallycat, while the Marlins Park account live-tweeted its escapades.
In fact, the Marlins went so far as to solicit names for their new mascot.
Eventually, the cat left Marlins Park, but the Marlins would like it to know that it’s welcome back at any time.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space