Kelly Rowland is serving some serious #realtalk about breastfeeding and her post-baby body.
In her new parenting guide Whoa, Baby! — out Tuesday — the R&B singer opens up about her experiences as a first-time mom, offering insights on the good, the bad and the ugly sides of motherhood she wishes someone had shared with her before she and husband Tim Weatherspoon welcomed Titan Jewell in 2014.
“All that gnawing at your nipples will take its toll! In those early days, I was fascinated (my polite way of saying ‘horrified’) by the transformation of the boobs,” Rowland, 36, writes in the book.
Want all the latest pregnancy and birth announcements, plus celebrity mom blogs? Click here to get those and more in the PEOPLE Babies newsletter.
“My nipples were HUGE — we are talking the size of Frisbees — and sometimes I could see these veins bulging out while I was nursing,” she continues. “My boobs themselves were so long and stretchy that I sometimes felt like I could’ve swung them over my shoulders.”
The Destiny’s Child veteran also said she underwent breast augmentation surgery years before she became a mom — and admits that she’s open to having another boob job after she has another child.
“Even with the silicon action, it was like some of the air had been sucked out and they just sort of hung there like flapjacks,” she wrote.
Added the singer, “I can’t speak for everyone, but I know I’m going to see someone (wink, wink) after I have my second kid. In the meantime, I just tried to enjoy my ability to feed my baby!”
Whoa, Baby!: A Guide for New Moms Who Feel Overwhelmed and Freaked Out (and Wonder What the #*$& Just Happened), by Rowland and Dr. Tristan Emily Bickman with Laura Moser, is out now.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement