LeBron James is honoring his roots.
James will open the “I Promise School”, which will be aimed at helping vulnerable children, according to ESPN. The Cleveland Cavaliers star is working with the public schools in his hometown of Akron, Ohio for the initiative.
The school will open in fall 2018 for children in third and fourth grades, with plans to have grades one to eight established by 2022. The “I Promise School” will be supported by James’ family foundation.
“This school is so important to me because our vision is to create a place for the kids in Akron who need it most — those that could fall through the cracks if we don’t do something,” said James.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time