Embattled Fox News host Bill O’Reilly announced on his show Tuesday evening that he will be taking a vacation, adding that he scheduled the trip “last fall.”
The break comes as dozens of advertisers have pulled their commercials from The O’Reilly Factor in the wake of a New York Times report that he and Fox News parent company 21st Century Fox paid a total of $13 million to settle sexual harassment claims. The company said Sunday that it would investigate a sexual harassment claim made by Wendy Walsh, a former regular guest on the show.
The latter allegation is reportedly being investigated by law firm Paul, Weiss. That’s the same company 21st Century Fox retained last summer to investigate former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, who eventually left the company due to sexual harassment allegations.
O’Reilly is set to return on April 24, according to Variety.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time