Embattled Fox News host Bill O’Reilly announced on his show Tuesday evening that he will be taking a vacation, adding that he scheduled the trip “last fall.”
The break comes as dozens of advertisers have pulled their commercials from The O’Reilly Factor in the wake of a New York Times report that he and Fox News parent company 21st Century Fox paid a total of $13 million to settle sexual harassment claims. The company said Sunday that it would investigate a sexual harassment claim made by Wendy Walsh, a former regular guest on the show.
The latter allegation is reportedly being investigated by law firm Paul, Weiss. That’s the same company 21st Century Fox retained last summer to investigate former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, who eventually left the company due to sexual harassment allegations.
O’Reilly is set to return on April 24, according to Variety.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now