A new teaser for Orange Is the New Black picks right up at the intense cliffhanger ending of the fourth season.
Last season left the women of Litchfield Penitentiary rioting following the tragic death of Poussey, played by Samira Wiley. The teaser, released Tuesday, opens where the season 4 finale closed, with Daya, played by Dascha Polanco, aiming a gun at the head of an abusive corrections officer. Inmates surround her, shouting at her to shoot at him.
Down the hall, Alex and Piper approach the scene but get out quickly when they realize a “real riot” is happening. The inmates continue yelling at Daya, who asks for quiet. Then, the screen cuts to black and we hear the bang of a gunshot.
Watch the teaser above. Orange Is The New Black returns to Netflix on June 9.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up