Whether you love or hate the divisive Easter marshmallow treats known as Peeps, it’s hard to imagine there are many people who could stomach eating over 200 of the sugar-coated chicks — let alone in under 5 minutes. However, professional competitive eater Matt Stonie apparently had no trouble doing just that.
At the second-annual World Peeps Eating Championship in National Harbor, Maryland, on Saturday, the San Jose native — who is the world’s No. 2 ranked competitive eater — downed 255 peeps in the short time limit, reports the San Jose Mercury News. He shattered his own world record of 200 that was set at the 2016 contest.
Stonie was awarded $1,750 in prize money along with a Peeps-filled trophy.
Watch a clip of the competition below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears