An alleged thief who snatched a woman’s cell phone in China was apprehended about 10 seconds after the act when he ran straight into a police station. Apparently unaware of his surroundings, the man found himself in the precinct’s parking lot while attempting to make a quick getaway.
Surveillance footage posted by of the incident in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, shows the man grabbing the phone out of the woman’s hand on a city sidewalk before taking off in the direction of the station. The woman — who tried to chase the thief but tripped and fell — then enters the compound and points him out to a nearby officer.
Watch the clip here.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time