A video of a United Airlines passenger being forcibly removed and dragged from an overbooked flight to Louisville has sparked outrage on social media.
In a statement Monday, a spokesman for United confirmed the incident and apologized for the “overbook situation.” But that didn’t stop social media users from mocking the airline, or expressing confusion and discontent with the company for allowing such an incident to occur.
This incident comes just after United came under fire after two teenage girls were barred from a flight for wearing leggings — which did not adhere to the company’s dress code.
A spokesman for United told TIME the company will comment more on the most recent incident later on Monday.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time