A news anchor in India remained composed as she reported the breaking news of a deadly car crash which she suspected involved her husband.
IBC24 senior anchor Supreet Kaur announced a car accident on Saturday morning when the details, such as location and types of vehicles involved, led her to believe her husband may have been a victim, CNN reports. She continued reporting and learned after her broadcast that her husband had indeed died in the truck and SUV crash that killed three and injured two, according to CNN.
“She was doing her job, and she kept on doing it with composure and without showing her emotions on air,” IBC24 editor in chief Ravi Kant Mittal told CNN. The broadcast included another reporter detailing the crash and blurred photos of the victims.
IBC24 broadcasts for the Indian states of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgar.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating