A news anchor in India remained composed as she reported the breaking news of a deadly car crash which she suspected involved her husband.
IBC24 senior anchor Supreet Kaur announced a car accident on Saturday morning when the details, such as location and types of vehicles involved, led her to believe her husband may have been a victim, CNN reports. She continued reporting and learned after her broadcast that her husband had indeed died in the truck and SUV crash that killed three and injured two, according to CNN.
“She was doing her job, and she kept on doing it with composure and without showing her emotions on air,” IBC24 editor in chief Ravi Kant Mittal told CNN. The broadcast included another reporter detailing the crash and blurred photos of the victims.
IBC24 broadcasts for the Indian states of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgar.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Julia Zorthian at email@example.com