The strike came in response to reports the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had carried out a deadly chemical weapons attack on civilians.
President Trump said it was in the “vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.”
The following interactive photo lets you zoom in on any of the circled faces to see who’s who. Select a name or click a circle to zoom in.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet The Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time