The strike came in response to reports the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had carried out a deadly chemical weapons attack on civilians.
President Trump said it was in the “vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.”
The following interactive photo lets you zoom in on any of the circled faces to see who’s who. Select a name or click a circle to zoom in.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma