According to Meyers, the New York Times reported that Bannon’s demotion was at least in part due to Trump’s not being “pleased” over the “President Bannon” themes promoted by the media. Meyers took the opportunity to apologize to the president for hurting his feelings. “This is terrible timing, but I guess I shouldn’t have commissioned that official presidential portrait of Steve Bannon,” said Meyers, before unveiling several other President Bannon memes.
In the video, Meyers also questioned Jared Kushner’s role as foreign policy point person. “Kushner’s qualification is that he is married to the president’s daughter,” said Meyers. “Can you imagine if a year ago the president of China visited the U.S. and had to have a meeting with Malia Obama’s prom date?”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.