Douglas and Barbara Fink, of Edmonton, Canada, are hoping to spend their winnings on a new house and also on their children and grandchildren. “Barbara wants a new house, so she’ll get one,” Douglas Fink said, according to ITV News. The couple won $100,000 in 2010 and Douglas Fink also won in 1989 with a group of four friends, ITV News reports.
Barbara was the first to realize they won, and she said to her her husband, who was away, that she’d done it “again!” At that time they had no idea that the jackpot was in the millions. “I called Douglas back before midnight and told him it was more than $8 million,” Barbara Fink said.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State