Douglas and Barbara Fink, of Edmonton, Canada, are hoping to spend their winnings on a new house and also on their children and grandchildren. “Barbara wants a new house, so she’ll get one,” Douglas Fink said, according to ITV News. The couple won $100,000 in 2010 and Douglas Fink also won in 1989 with a group of four friends, ITV News reports.
Barbara was the first to realize they won, and she said to her her husband, who was away, that she’d done it “again!” At that time they had no idea that the jackpot was in the millions. “I called Douglas back before midnight and told him it was more than $8 million,” Barbara Fink said.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve